The University of Bristol is delighted to provide Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowships for the year 2019. Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowships plan offers an exciting chance for extraordinary early-vocation scientists to progress their study careers and aid our strategic priorities.
These prestigious awards purpose to nurture the possible of early-profession researchers.
The University of Bristol is a red brick exploration university located in Bristol, United Kingdom. It obtained its royal constitution in 1909, whilst like the College of the West of England and the College of Bathtub, it first started out as the Service provider Venturers Navigation University in 1595.
If English is not your initial language then you will need to have to show that your English language capabilities are at a high adequate level to realize success in your research.
- Applications Deadline: January 10, 2019
- Class Level: Fellowships are accessible for early vocation scientists.
- Review Subject matter: Within just the Digital Innovation precedence region we welcome applicants that reflect our current crucial strategic locations. These involve digital and civic futures, and digital humanities, scientific computation and big knowledge in science. Fellowships are readily available throughout our strategic priorities, with a individual target on Health and fitness and Wellbeing and Digital Innovation.
- Scholarship Award: Added benefits include things like:
- For exploration focused on Science, Technologies, Engineering, Medication and Arithmetic (STEMM) disciplines a aggressive wage starting off from £43,267 based on expertise, and a 4-12 months preset-expression agreement.
- For analysis targeted on Humanities, Arts and Social Science (HASS) disciplines a competitive wage setting up from £37,345 and a two-year mounted-expression agreement.
- Entry to commence-up cash, £5,000 for every calendar year in HASS disciplines and £10,000 for each yr in STEMM disciplines.
- The prospect to go after your personal programme of unique (or collaborative) exploration.
- Mentoring and 1-to-one particular month to month supervision from your Fellowship Sponsor.
- Nationality: Fellowships are accessible for Worldwide learners.
- Selection of Scholarships: Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowships are aimed at early-occupation scientists, this calendar year we are giving:
- 9: four-calendar year fellowships for individuals looking into mostly in Science, Technological know-how, Engineering, Medication and Mathematics subjects with ordinarily 3-7 years’ encounter submit PhD or equivalent.
- Four: two-12 months fellowships for those people looking into largely in Humanities, Arts and Social Science disciplines with commonly zero-three years’ practical experience post PhD or equal.
- Scholarship can be taken in the United kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are obtainable for Intercontinental learners.
Entrance Prerequisites: Applicants ought to meet the subsequent criteria:
Appropriate candidates will have:
- A PhD in a appropriate area or equal
- Started out to establish a name for leading excellent research
- Powerful leadership qualities and an enthusiasm for acquiring techniques in training, management, effect development and engagement
- Fantastic interpersonal and interaction expertise.
We welcome applications from inner and exterior candidates, including people today who have taken a job break because of to maternity, paternity, adoption depart, illness or other remarkable situations.
Candidates with an existing long lasting academic place are regarded to have achieved the aims of the plan and will not be suitable to use.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your very first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high plenty of level to realize success in your reports.
How to Apply:
- Download the further particulars and Project Proposal and Letter of Supportproforma, accessible from the emptiness adverts:
- Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowships focused in Science, Technologies, Engineering, Drugs and Mathematics
- Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowships centered in Humanities, Arts and Social Science
- Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowships centered on Younger People’s Psychological Well being
- Finish the ‘project proposal’ segment of the proforma and e-mail it to your proposed sponsor, along with your CV, requesting that they:
- Assist your application by finishing the ‘letter of support’ segment on web site 5 of the proforma
- Attain a signature of acceptance from the applicable head of school.
- Use on line for one particular of the subsequent vacancies:
- Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowships concentrated in Science, Engineering, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics
- Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowships targeted in Humanities, Arts and Social Science
- Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowships targeted on Younger People’s Psychological Wellness
- You will will need to upload the next supporting files:
- Remember to merge your tutorial CV and your covering letter into one document (and add to the ‘covering letter’ part of the application)
- Be sure to upload the Job Proposal and Letter of Help proforma (to the ‘upload documents’ portion of the software).