Study in Australia Timeline for July 2019 intake: If you have plans to go to Australia for either undergraduate or masters degree study, the first thing you need is an action plan. Here is an application timeline to give you an idea about what to do in which month for the July intake.
A. First Step: October to December 2018
1. Start early and by November, shortlist 4-5 Australian universities that you will apply to.
2. Begin by downloading admissions brochures from the university websites. Most brochures are out more than a year earlier.
3. By December, be familiar with scholarships to support your studies.
4. Do some research on various accommodation options.
B. January to February 2019
5. Prepare to visit your local institution to request for English language test waiver letter. The letter must be in letterhead, signed and stamped. In case you choose to take test if your country is not an English speaking country. Plan for buffer time in case you need to retake the test or applying for a waiver letter.
C. Application Time: March to April 2019
6. Before you prepare for application, shortlist the universities. Think hard about what makes you unique as an applicant.
7. Contact your professors and Human resources managers for the required reference letters. At least a two month before your application deadline.
8. Begin drafting your Statement of Purpose and essays.
9. Apply in time and before the deadline.
D. May-June 2019. What Next
10. Often check your email. Don’t delay replying to university e-mails. Only a few wil come!
11. You will receive your acceptance letter called COE (Confirmation of Enrolment). You may receive CoE in either May or June, depending on the institute. You can apply for a student visa only after receiving CoE.
12. Depending on the deadline, notify the universities of your decision.
13. You will need to pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm your admission.
E. Mid June to Early July 2019. Visa and Money Matters
14. Search for and begin applying for scholarships.(Check our scholarship page)
15. Gather paperwork for your student visa. Check visa requirements.
16. Arrange for Overseas Student Health Cover
17. Apply for a student visa in time. Keep in mind the time taken for visa processing.
F. Late July 2019. Get Ready to Fly
18. Book flight tickets
19. Photocopy all your documents to take along
20. Arrive in the airport in time and pay attention to your connecting flight to Australia. Do not miss your flight.