Research fellowships are obtainable for Australians and worldwide researchers. National Library of Australia is delighted to supplying the fellowships to assistance scientists to make intense use of the Library’s wealthy and different collections about a sustained period of three months.
9 fellowships are out there for 2020 throughout a assortment of investigation spots where by the Library’s collections have the ideal depth and breadth to aid the preferred outcomes. 4 fellowships for research on any topic and 5 are for specific fields of investigate.
Located in Parkes, Canberra, The Countrywide Library of Australia (NLA) is the premier reference library in Australia. The Library’s collections of Australian have made into the nation’s one most important resource of supplies recording the Australian cultural heritage.
- Software Deadline: 30 April 2019
- Training course Level: The fellowship is open up for the exploration method
- Fellowship Awards: The fellowship will be awarded worth up to AUD $1,000
- Figures of Award: Nine fellowships are available for the candidates
- Nationality: Worldwide and Australian citizen are eligible to implement for the fellowships
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Fellowship:
- Qualified Nations: Australian and global citizens are qualified to apply for the fellowships.
- Qualified Program or Subjects: Fellowships are available for investigate on any matter.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be qualified for the fellowship, the applicant will have to meet up with the fellowship eligibility criteria:
- The candidates may perhaps be at any phase of their job but must demonstrate their capacity for high-quality exploration or equal scholarship, together with a strong and suitable publication report, or equal history of experienced outcomes and accomplishment, relative to opportunity.
- The Ph.D. candidates are unable to implement for a Fellowship for exploration towards their doctoral thesis.
- The collections recognized in the software need to be precisely suitable to the project. Apps that do not show prior investigation as to how the Library’s collections will aid the proposed research will not be viewed as.
- The fellowships are open only to men and women and not to investigate teams. When an person is contributing to a much larger collaborative job, the applicant ought to be ready to exhibit their possess ingredient of analysis at the Library.
- The applicants may well be in receipt of funding from other sources but must present the facts and display how the Fellowship funding will relate to other sources of earnings for the job.
- Preceding recipients of Fellowships at the Countrywide Library are not qualified to apply.
- The unbiased students, who are from Canberra or its surrounds, are eligible for funded Fellowships but they but will not obtain lodging or travel assist.
- Intercontinental applicants are eligible for this fellowship but they should be ready to exhibit why the collections at the Countrywide Library of Australia are crucial to their analysis.
Application Course of action:
The qualified candidates can use for the fellowships. They should deliver supporting paperwork.
How to Use
The applicant can apply for the fellowships via the specified link: https://nla.smartygrants.com.au/
The applicant will have to submit these supporting documents:
- A quick biographical assertion.
- A CV that outlines key qualified achievements.
- A record of publications or equivalent expert outcomes.
- Call particulars of 3 referees. Be certain referees have a duplicate of your software, which you can download or print. Referees will be contacted by the Library following purposes have been shortlisted.
- The fellowships are awarded worthy of up to AUD $1,000.
- The fellowship will give accommodation support, capped at AUD $700 per week for 12 months.
- The fellowship will give the journey assist equivalent to just one return domestic airfare to Canberra. Global travel is capped at AUD $2,500.