The Faculty of Science of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) invites applications for six MacGillavry Fellowships. These fellowships are available in the subject of Organic Science and Biomedical Science, Earth Sciences (Bodily Geography), Informatics and Logic, Physics, Chemistry, Astronomy, Mathematics, and Stats.
The application is the Tenure-observe posture open for the talented woman scientists from across the Netherlands. This posture is component of the Collective Information and facts Project, which will finally hire a full of 5 junior scientists. It is funded by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Investigate (NWO) under the VICI scheme.
The College of Amsterdam is a public college positioned in Amsterdam, Netherlands it is the 3rd-oldest college in the Netherlands. It is a single of the greatest investigate universities in Europe with 31,186 students, four,794 team, 1,340 Ph.D. learners and an annual finances of €600 million.
- Application Deadline: four February 2019
- Course Amount: Position is accessible for a Ph.D. researcher.
- Study Topic: Astronomy, Informatics and Logic, Organic Science and Biomedical Science, Earth Sciences (Actual physical Geography), Physics, Chemistry, Arithmetic, and Statistic
- Scholarship Award:
- The once-a-year income array for an assistant professor, together with once-a-year holiday getaway allowance and the reward is involving € fifty,755 and € 78,935 (just before tax), based on practical experience and past effectiveness
- generous getaway depart preparations
- software for beautiful fiscal preparations (the ‘30% rule’) is feasible for workforce from abroad
- participation in the Dutch pension scheme for university staff
- collective price cut on wellbeing insurance coverage
- excellent parental go away offers.
- Nationality: Proficient female scientists from the Netherlands are eligible to apply for the place.
- Range of Scholarships: Quantity of position is not presented
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Qualified Nations around the world: The learners of the Netherlands can use for this fellowship.
- Entrance Necessities:
- A Ph.D. degree in just one of the scientific disciplines of their College
- A scientific profile that back links to just one of the research fields qualified for application
- A publication history in intercontinental, significant high quality, peer-reviewed journals
- A several many years of postdoctoral experience, preferably at the international level
- Affinity for instructing at the undergraduate and graduate degree
- Properly-formulated organizational and conversation capabilities
- English Language Prerequisites: Applicant should be fluent in English.
The next fields in the MacGillavry programme are qualified for purposes:
- Astronomy: Exoplanets and Planet formation, Stars and Stellar populations
- Informatics: Machine Discovering, Computer Eyesight, Info Retrieval, Information Science, Computational Science, Systems and Protection, Health and fitness Informatics
- Biodiversity & Earth Science: Ecosystem & Landscape Dynamics, Evolutionary and Population Biology, Theoretical and Computational Ecology, Freshwater & Maritime Ecology
- Physics: a extensive vary of analysis parts in Physics, for instance in Theoretical Physics (in individual Quantum quite a few-human body-theory and Quantum simulations), or within just Experimental particle or Astroparticle Physics
- Mathematics: Studies, Statistical facts science, Discrete mathematics, Quantum information and facts idea, Write-up-quantum cryptography, Geometry, Range concept, Illustration theory
- Lifestyle Sciences: System biology techniques in Host-microbe interactions Essential biological aspects of mental wellbeing and
- Chemistry: Analytical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Molecular Photonics, Sustainable Chemistry.
To apply for the MacGillavry Fellowship you are invited to use the software on-line.
Note the additional details on the software variety about documents you are asked for to attach and a request for references.
How to Apply: To use for the MacGillavry Fellowship you are invited to use the application kind on the MacGillavry site of the College of Science.