The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is pleased to announce 30 fellowships on “Youth Engagement In Agribusiness And Rural Financial Activities In Africa” under the framework of the Treatment undertaking.
The fellowship is open up for youthful academics and professionals, and graduate learners at the put up-coursework/analysis phase of their applications. The plan seeks to lead to plan enhancement on youth engagement in agribusiness and rural financial actions in Africa.
IITA is an award-successful, analysis-for-improvement (R4D) firm. They are devoted to alleviating these challenges and doing work to change agriculture in Africa.
- Programs Deadline: March 15, 2019
- Course Stage: These fellowships are open up for the write-up-coursework/exploration plan
- Research Matter: This scholarship will be awarded in agricultural economics, agribusiness, or economics or a connected social science subject.
- Scholarship Award: The candidates will receive:
- Awards for Research Grants are up to $10,000 (Proposals with a sensible increased funds can also be chosen dependent on the excellent of the analysis proposal).
- Grantees will be supervised by IITA’s socio-economics experts in shut collaboration with their countrywide/college supervisors.
- Will be made available coaching on investigation methodology, information management, and scientific composing.
- Be supplied education on generation of investigation evidence for policy-making.
- Nationality: Benin, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Senegal, and Zambia
- Amount of Scholarships: There are 30 fellowships available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the candidates should be pursuing all the presented requirements:
- Qualified Countries: Benin, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Senegal, and Zambia.
- Entrance Demands:
- Candidates should be youthful Africans.
- The research will be carried out in the pursuing nations around the world: Benin, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Senegal, and Zambia.
- Candidates will have to not be extra than 40 a long time aged at the time of application.
- College students have to be youthful students at a investigation institute or college in Africa or a scholar registered in a Ph.D. or Master’s application in identified universities in Africa, majoring in agricultural economics, agribusiness, or economics or a linked social science area, and need to have concluded their university class work.
- The period of the investigation must not exceed six months.
To utilize for the Study Fellowship, applicants should post the pursuing:
- Finished software sort
- Copy of the passport or one more assertion of citizenship.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), which involves operate record and training. CVs should really be no for a longer time than two web pages.
- Proof of registration at an accredited university for MSc and D. courses (for pupils).
- Proof of work at a investigate institute or university in Africa (for young teachers and experts).
- Research proposals must be structured in the order outlined underneath, and website page limitations for elements need to be observed
- The Study proposal must contain the subsequent components in 1 PDF doc.
- Proposal narrative need to not be much more than 7 pages in duration, one-spaced, in 12-level sort with 1″ margins.
- About 3 web pages ought to be devoted to the issue statement/coverage issue, theoretical framework, assessment of present-day literature, and study questions.
- The remaining four webpages must consist of the methodology, contributions to policy, get the job done program, and dissemination plan.
- Applicants have to present a distinct and nicely imagined out methodology and the analysis to be completed.
- Transient dissemination program ought to include things like the meant viewers and suitable journals wherever the study results may be submitted for publication and experienced meetings where by the findings may well be offered (7 web pages utmost).
- The conceptual design(s) that outline the framework or style and design of the research (two web pages highest).
- Contribution to the area to briefly explain the prospective contributions this study will make to the subject of youth engagement in agribusiness and rural economic pursuits in Africa (200 terms highest).
- Reference list. A listing of all references bundled in the text or in the models. Use finish citations, like titles and all authors. (No web site limit)
- There is no precise template for the spending budget. It might be a easy 2-column format or a a lot more complicated spreadsheet.
- help save and deliver your documents in this structure: LastName_FirstInitial_Doc.pdf (instance: Smith_K_proposal.pdf).