Apply today for the University of Manchester Masters Scholarships for Ethiopian, Ugandan, Rwandan and Tanzanian students for entry in September 2019. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, return international air fares and living expenses. Learn all about the Masters Scholarships at University of Manchester.
These Master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The University of Manchester reputation is just one reason why Manchester is the best place for you to study for your master’s. The university offers students far more than just a qualification. Their pioneering taught courses draw upon their world-leading research and their strong links to global industry. They will quickly develop skills and gain exposure to experiences that will set you apart in the jobs market.
An IELTS certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS test. English language requirements vary by course, but in most cases you will need a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5) or TOEFL 570 (90 IBT) to go through to the final selection round. They do not accept a Certificate of English Proficiency from a Rwandan university instead of the IELTS test.
ABOUT MASTERS SCHOLARSHIPS AT UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER SCHOLARSHIP
- Applications Deadline: We will open for applications for entry in September 2019 on August 1, 2018 and the deadline to apply is September 9, 2018 at 5pm GMT.
- Course Level: Scholarships are offered for pursuing Master’s programmes.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are available for specific courses in engineering, environment, health sciences, development, education, textiles and law.
Entrance Requirements: Our master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have at least 18 months’ work experience (this includes unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with an overall grade of excellent, or preferably a master’s degree. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- Be a resident citizen of Ethiopia and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- Be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Ethiopia;
- Have a clear idea of how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
English Language Requirements: An IELTS certificate is not required at the time of application. If you are shortlisted for the scholarship, you will be asked to take the IELTS test. English language requirements vary by course, but in most cases you will need a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (with no sub-test less than 5.5) or TOEFL 570 (90 IBT) to go through to the final selection round.
HOW TO APPLY
: Note that there is a clear separation between the process of awarding the scholarships and our admissions procedure. Scholarships are awarded entirely on merit. It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no advantage or disadvantage in having an academic offer. If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted to the course of your choice.
Click to open scholarship website.
You can use the comment section for your reaction, stay on top with our blog.trippaddystudy.com.