Every year, Globe Water Working day draws the world’s awareness to key world wide h2o concerns. World Water Working day 2019 will focus on Drinking water and Migration. Youth has an critical job to perform in working toward regional h2o security and amplified h2o consciousness. Young people are associated in progressive h2o-linked assignments and exploration all over the Mediterranean and are important to securing a much more sustainable drinking water long run in the location. Youth also has an important role to perform in developing a far more inclusive Mediterranean for migrants and refugees.
To amplify the voice of regional youth on this topic, the Centre for Mediterranean Integration (CMI) is launching the 3rd edition of its Mediterranean youth workshop on H2o and Migration. In the run-up to this workshop, the third edition of the “Mediterranean Drinking water Heroes” youth contest will supply younger water activists from all-around the Mediterranean the option to showcase their progressive function on h2o and migration.
The Centre for Mediterranean Integration (CMI) is leading the contest in collaboration with its Water Hub companions (French Improvement Company, German Enhancement Company, European Expense Lender, CIHEAM, Entire world Lender, Program Bleu) and the CMI-managed Mediterranean Youth H2o community (MedYWat).
Who is Suitable?
- Younger men and women aged 18 to 35 and working and/or studying the h2o sector in the Mediterranean.
- Irrespective of their location of home, candidates ought to be nationals from a single of the following Mediterranean nations: Albania, Algeria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Montenegro, Palestinian Territories, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Syria, Tunisia and Turkey.
- Candidates may possibly be working for public institutions, analysis institutes, get started-ups, NGOs, or as freelancers.
- The official languages of the contest are English and Arabic.
Contest prizes will be identified by CMI in collaboration with the Water Hub around the coming months. The selected contest winners will be made available a talking purpose in the diverse Entire world Water Day 2019 workshop periods in Marrakech, Morocco as properly as:
- Connecting with worldwide h2o and migration industry experts and younger h2o gurus: key speaking job all through the CMI H2o and Migration Globe Drinking water Working day youth workshop in Marrakech, Morocco (twenty five-28 March 2019, dates tbc)
- Visibility: Showcasing of your get the job done on the Heart for Mediterranean Integration and partners’ internet sites
- Media: Featuring your get the job done in a CMI online video on h2o and migration the Mediterranean
- Mentoring: Peer-to-peer mentoring with other Mediterranean water activists and specialists.
Other chosen participants will also be invited to take part in the workshop in March 2019.
What suggestions are suitable?
CMI encourages applications from a wide range of backgrounds, such as young h2o activists, business people and scientists. Applicants are invited to post their revolutionary function close to the pursuing themes:
- Water Governance and Compelled Displacement
- Local weather Transform and Forced/Voluntary Migration
- The Water-Employment-Migration (WEM) Nexus
- H2o and Inexperienced Entrepreneurship for Mediterranean Migrant Youth
- November 1st2018: Start of the contest
- Deadline December 23rd midnight CET time
- January 15th: Announcement of the contest final results
- March twenty five-28 2019 (tbc): Participation of the contest winners at CMI Entire world Water Day in Marseille, France.
Only accomplished programs will be taken into consideration. Water-similar tasks and research will be assessed according to the following conditions:
- Regional relevance and reproducibility
- Revolutionary worth
- Environmental, Social and Economic Impression
- Youth involvement
- In general high quality of the software
The jury will consist of the CMI team and chosen water experts from CMI’s Water Hub spouse companies, notably the World Financial institution, AFD, GIZ, EIB, CIHEAM Prepare Bleu, as very well as the CMI-managed Mediterranean Youth for Drinking water Network (MedYWat).
How can you implement?
Apps will be submitted by means of this webpage in either English or Arabic.
For candidates dealing with difficulties in filling out the varieties in English or Arabic, we can offer you limited language aid for other Mediterranean languages. E-mail us at: water-at-cmimarseille.org with the matter line: “Language assistance – youth contest”.
For any other queries, kindly get in touch with us at water-at-cmimarseille.org.