Purposes are now remaining accepted for Leverhulme Early Vocation Fellowships at the Faculty of Music, the College of Oxford in the British isles. Citizens of United kingdom can implement for these Early Career Fellowships.
Early Career Fellowships purpose to offer the option to undertake a major piece of publishable research for individuals who are at a somewhat early stage of their academic professions, but with a demonstrated history of analysis.
The Leverhulme Have confidence in was recognized by the Will of William Hesketh Lever, the founder of Lever Brothers. Since 1925 we have provided grants and scholarships for exploration and education today, we are a person of the major all-subject matter vendors of investigate funding in the British isles, distributing close to £80m a yr.
- Applications Deadline: January 7, 2019
- Training course Level: Fellowships are obtainable for early career scientists to undertake a important piece of publishable operate.
- Study Matter: Purposes in any field of audio/musicology are welcome.
- Scholarship Award: The Belief will add fifty% of every Fellow’s full wage fees up to a most of £25,000 for every annum and the equilibrium is to be paid by the host institution. Given the status of the awards, each and every Fellow may possibly request yearly investigate bills of up to £6,000 to more his or her investigate functions.
- Nationality: Citizens of United kingdom can apply for these Early Career Fellowships.
- Number of Scholarships: Somewhere around 100 Fellowships will be accessible every single calendar year.
- Scholarship can be taken in the United kingdom
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible International locations: Citizens of United kingdom can utilize for these Early Career Fellowships.
Entrance Requirements: Candidates have to meet up with the pursuing requirements:
Applicants ought to not maintain or have held a long-lasting academic situation in a Uk college or equivalent establishment and have to have a doctorate or equal research knowledge. Individuals registered for a doctorate have submitted their doctoral thesis for viva voce evaluation by the closing day of four pm on 28 February 2019.
- Applicants must not nonetheless have held a entire-time everlasting tutorial put up in a Uk college or comparable Uk institution, nor may well Fellows hold such a publish concurrently with the Early Job Fellowship. These in receipt of a stipendiary Fellowship might not maintain this at the similar time as an Early Job Fellowship. Candidates who have present funding in spot for a length equal to or higher than the length of the Early Profession Fellowship should not implement.
- All candidates will have to keep a doctorate or have equivalent investigate encounter by the time they choose up the Fellowship. Those who are or have been registered for a doctorate at any time may perhaps use only if they have submitted their doctoral thesis for viva voce evaluation by the closing date of 4 pm on 28 February 2019. Individuals who at the time of commencing the Fellowship are registered for or are intending to sign up for degrees, specialist or vocational qualifications are not suitable.
- Applications are invited from all those with a doctorate who submitted their doctoral thesis for viva voce examination not more than 4 yrs prior to the application closing dates. Hence those who formally submitted their doctoral thesis for viva voce evaluation ahead of 28 February 2015 are not eligible except they have considering that experienced a occupation crack. Those wishing to make a situation for a occupation split should really current the scenario for interruption by a interval of maternity depart, spouse and children commitments, health issues, or other fantastic conditions. Make sure you take note that time expended functioning outdoors academia does not qualify as a profession split.
- Candidates must either keep a degree from a Uk greater instruction establishment at the time of using up the Fellowship or at the time of the software deadline ought to keep an tutorial place in the British isles (e.g. fixed-term lectureship, fellowship) which commenced no much less than four months prior to the closing day. For this reason, those who do not maintain a British isles degree and whose United kingdom academic posture commenced after Oct 2018 are not suitable. The intention is to support the profession enhancement of those people creating an tutorial job within the United kingdom.
- Candidates who have been, or are currently a Principal Investigator on a 3-yr put up-doctoral exploration task, or have held or presently maintain a equivalent 3-calendar year put up-doctoral placement to go after their very own analysis are not qualified to use.
- The Study Awards Advisory Committee thinks that the progress of an academic career is best served by attaining knowledge at unique establishments. Candidates who have not previously moved establishments in the class of their academic vocation (i.e. among their undergraduate college and proposed host establishment) must nominate a new host establishment, or if not demonstrate apparent proof of the tutorial and/or own factors for remaining at the exact same institution, these kinds of as obtain to remarkably expert equipment or a remarkably specialised analysis group.
- The matching funding contributed by the host institution should be drawn from frequently accessible money and need to not be related with any other grants acquired by the institution. The host office need to secure the matching funding for the applicant right before the closing date. Apps that do not meet these problems are ineligible and will be rejected.
A prospect may post only one application per year. Formerly unsuccessful applicants may reapply.
Candidates might not use for both of those an Early Occupation Fellowship and a Analyze Abroad Studentship in the similar year. Candidates who have held a Leverhulme Analyze Overseas Studentship for postdoctoral study are not eligible to implement for an Early Career Fellowship. Candidates must consider meticulously which of these two schemes most effective go well with their needs.
How to Implement: Expressions of desire must be sent to research-at-tunes.ox.ac.uk by 9 am on Monday 7 January 2019, consisting of one PDF document containing
- A one-website page CV which includes schooling, publications, any awards, thesis title and examiners
- A two-web site draft assertion of exploration (which may perhaps use headings similar to people in the Leverhulme scheme’s notes of steering)
- A one hundred fifty-phrase abstract summarising the exploration for a general audience
- An indication of any supplemental research bills that could be necessary for the proposed undertaking, this kind of as vacation and subsistence.
A variety procedure inner to the College of New music will then establish which proposals go forward to a whole software to Leverhulme.